An Introduction to Laravel Framework
What Laravel is ?
Laravel is one of the most popular web framework based on MVC (Model View Controller) design pattern. It was created by Taylor Otwell.It is free open-sourced software licensed under the MIT license. The first beta release of Laravel Framework was done June 9, 2011 followed by the Laravel 1 release later in the same month. Initially, Laravel was created to provide a more advanced alternative to the CodeIgniter framework, which does not provide features like built-in user authentication and authorization modules.
As per trends.builtwith.com statistic Laravel has 226,789 live websites and an additional 166,867 websites that used Laravel historically.
Why Laravel ?, If we have other frameworks
This question well be triggered in every one mind why Laravel ? If we have other frameworks, what laravel provides that other does not have. Answer to this question is below.
- Laravel is one of most popular highly used, open-source latest web application framework that used for designing customized web applications easily and quickly.
- Blade: Lightweight templating engine for views.
- Automated features like Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) protection, Validation,Migrations
- Larger active Community
- Elegant and expressive syntax
- Inbuilt Authentication System
- InBuilt unit testing
- Inbuilt paginations
- Supports multiple file sytems
- Pre-loaded packages like Laravel Socialite, Laravel cashier, Laravel elixir,Passport,Laravel Scout.
- Eloquent ORM with PHP active record implementation.
- Built in command line tool Artisan for creating a code skeleton ,database structure and their migration.
Also, Laravel have great easy to understand documentation, in both written and visual medium.